The Stopper Foot & Corner Shield
Stopper® Foot Corner Shield
The STOPPER is a Foot and Corner Shield used on surgical trays to prevent the tearing of sterilization wrap. Tears, Rips and Holes are caused by heavy surgical trays with feet on the bottom. These feet sometimes protrude the wrapping thus making the tray contaminated and unusable. Surgical trays also have sharp corners even if they are rounded. These corners sometimes rip and tear the sterilization wrap and when this occurs the tray is considered contaminated and must be reprocessed. The STOPPER will prevent this from occurring and in the process save the Hospital and Surgery Center Time, Money and Frustration.
The STOPPER is available in two (2) different styles the 6100 and 7100. Both products are high quality medical devices with the look and feel of a reusable product. However, they are low cost REPOSABLES and are very economical to use for all surgical trays.
The Stopper 6100
1. Small Solid Base allowing complete circulation of the sterilizing agent throughout the tray.
2. Great for ENT and OPHTHALMIC trays with small pointed feet. The pointed feet do not penetrate the sterile wrappings.
3. The Edge Guards of the 6100 have standoffs on the inside that fit against the tray. However, they are not flush against the tray and create a gap for the sterilizing agent to flow into the corners. They will accommodate both square and round corner trays.
The Stopper 7100
1. Large Base with holes to allow complete circulation of the sterilizing agent.
2. Designed for LARGE, HEAVY Trays with Offset feet on the bottom corners of the tray.
3. Will accommodate Large, Elevated, Offset or Receded Feet on Loaner trays or other large surgical trays. Will also work with Round Corner Trays.
Other unique advantages of the Stopper® Foot and Corner Shield:
Does Not Retain Moisture
Eliminates concern of water borne pathogens from developing and contaminating the contents of the surgical tray. No Steam, Gas or Plasma (Sterrad compatible) being retained. Linen towels, Foam products and Paper products can possibly absorb the sterilizing agent. In steam sterilization water can possibly be absorbed with the above products.
Reduces the amount of Sterile Wrapping (blue wrap)
"Blue Wraps" are the number one disposable product discarded by the O.R. Eliminating holes, rips and tears cuts down on "blue wrap" use. In addition, the cost savings in time and materials, are helping the environment by discarding less blue wraps in landfills.
Will Not Bottom Out
Heavy trays will not "Bottom Out" and flatten against the sterilization wrap.
Flexible Large Edge Guards
- Allows the Stopper® to be used with straight or round corner trays.
- Product stays in place while wrapping the surgical tray.
- Designed to allow the sterilizing agent to flow into the corners of the tray.
Inside and Underside Pattern
- The feet on surgical trays sit on top the Stopper® base. This provides a barrier between the foot and sterile wrap.
- Stopper base is large enough to work with offset and receded feet on surgical trays.
- Elevates the surgical tray to allow for better sterilant air circulation and will help in faster dry times.
- Helps keep the product in place when used on top of surgical trays corners.
Reposable and Environmentally Friendly Product
- Multi-use, Reposable, Affordable to use.
- Saves the O.R. and S.P.D time, money and frustration.
- Returned to S.P.D. with other reusable instruments from the O.R.
- Easily cleaned by hand or automatic washer and put back in service.
- The Stopper® is one of the most environmentally friendly medical devices in today's medical market place. Our material is totally recyclable, green and can be recycled with any type of plastics.
Packaging of Product
- 500 each per case.
- 5 bags of 100 in poly bags. Easy storage under work station.
- Each case is bar coded for traceability.
Re-order #6100 and #7100
Provided Non Sterile/Reposable
The captcha you entered is incorrect. Please try again.