Iron Intern Retraction System
When You Use the Iron Intern Retraction System Everyone Benefits:
- Less risk of trauma through slippage. The Iron Intern locks in place and will not move.
- Less risk of wound trauma. The Iron intern remains steady and constant.
- Less risk of hematoma and other trauma from pressure on tissues, as the Iron Intern does not depend on tissue to hold its position.
- Suitable for fragile organs such as liver, pancreas and intestines.
- Often less time under anesthesia, since Iron Intern can shorten the procedures.
- Constant exposure even after many operating hours.
- Optimal access to the surgical site. No longer has to work around hands of the assistant.
- Reliable traction of exact tension desired- from a few grams to 12 kilos (26 1/2lbs).
- Total maneuverability of retractors through a full range of motion, thanks to a design that mimics the human arm.
- Greater control over results, as the surgeon positions adjusts a fixed the retractors.
- Hands are used for operating, not retraction.
- Not having to instruct an assistant in retractor placement can reduce procedures time.
- The ability to perform some procedures without assistants, when necessitated by major catastrophes or war. In normal circumstances, often only a single assistant is needed.
- Set up and repositioning is quick and easy. Totally independent, the Iron Intern does not require frames or holders. The simple clamp holding loosened to reposition the retractor.
- A single wing nut fixes the arm in the position wanted.
- Greater control over results, as the surgeon positions, adjusts and fixes the retractors.
- Hands are free to assist surgeon.
- Since not needed for retraction, staff can concentrate on other important tasks.
- Clean up is quick and simple. The Iron Intern can be autoclaved as one unit.
- Medical Students learn better, since attention is not divided between retraction duties and observation.
- Fewer scrubbed staff means lower cost in terms of disposable gowns, masks, gloves, booties.
- Better staff utilization has enabled some institutions to open additional operating theaters.
CWI's marketing area for OR Specific products is restricted to CT, MA, ME, NH, RI and VT.
The captcha you entered is incorrect. Please try again.